If you are visiting the Sin City, you have to go to one of the most popular places, here is how far is Grand Canyon from Las Vegas.
How long does it take to get to the Grand Canyon from Las Vegas?
It will depends on which side of Grand Canyon are you planning on visit.
- For example, to West Rim is approximately 130 miles which means like two and a half hours driving.
- But if you want to see South Rim or North Rim is almost 300 miles away, which means like four or five hours driving.
- However, if you are looking for a faster way to arrive, you may consider taking a flight because it only takes 45 minutes to an hour.
What’s the best way to get there?
There’s a lot of options for you to get to Grand Canyon from Las Vegas, so you can choose the better.
- By Car: One of the most important thing to consider is time. Four to five hours driving may be exhausting but if you are willing to do it you can find really awesome stops on yo way to Grand Canyon from Las Vegas. Keep Reading if you want to know them. In order to get to Grand Canyon you have to drive through the Arizona desert for a few hours until you'll get off the interstate and start on Route 66. After a while take the AZ-64 road which lead you directly to the Grand Canyon National Park.
- On a Tour: This is a cheaper way to get there. There’s a lot of organized tours that offers you an all-day experience and also include a guide so you don’t have to worry for anything that enjoy the ride.
- By helicopter: Is a great experience if you have the Budget to pay for it. The helicopter will pick you up from your hotel and will take you to differents stops so you can watch a great spectacle. When arriving to Grand Canyon also you will admire amazing views. This is the fastest way to get there.
Stops you have to visit on you way to Grand Canyon
- Kingman, Arizona:
Here you can visit the historic Route 66 Museum and others like the Mohave Museum of History and Arts. If you have time, you won regreat visit Kingman. In order to get to Grand Canyon you have to drive through the Arizona desert for a few hours until you'll get off the interstate and start on Route 66. After a while take the AZ-64 road which lead you directly to the Grand Canyon National Park.
- Lake Mead:
If you are looking for a instagramable place, you have to visit Lake Mead. Is located on the Colorado River and is flanked by mountains so you will have the perfect ladscape for a photo.
- Hoover Dam:
This is a huge edification on the border of Arizona and Nevada states. Is impressive to see standing there but if you are taking an helicopter we recomend to give a few minutes to enjoy the view, and of course take some photos. You won’t regret at all!
Now you know how far is Grand Canyon from Las Vegas, what’s gonna be your next stop?